January 1, 2013

Nut Butters

Aww man. I just made nut butter. Actually, I made three different kinds of nut butter in less than half an hour. Yeah, it's that easy.

I made (from left to right): honey cinnamon walnut butter, hazelnut butter, and dark chocolate hazelnut butter.

I can't get over how easy that was. Well, shelling the nuts took awhile, but you can buy them already shelled. then (for the hazelnuts) you roast them to loosen the skins, and (for both) put them in the food processor. Loud processing later and... bam. Nut butter. Yum.

Walnut butter has to have some flavor/sweetener because the skins don't come off so easily, and leave a bitter taste.  So first I added a little cinnamon, sugar, and salt. But it needed something more, and still had its bitter aftertaste, so I added honey.\

Hazelnut butter is good on its own, so when that was done processing, I took about half out, then added some cocoa powder and a little sugar.

Boom. Made that.

No comments: