November 25, 2012

What's this? A blog post?

So... it's been since July 25th that I posted. Today is November 25th, so that's four months. Ready for a whirlwind tour of the highlights?

August: Three weeks at Camp, moved back to school, started classes:
  • Pastor as Theologian (really internship debriefing)
  • Book of Faith: Print, Politics, Public Event (history of print and publication, taught by the seminary librarian, making use of the bibles from the rare book room in lab (meaning we get to use them) including AD1310 manuscript pages, 15th century early print bibles, Luther bibles, and 1560 and such English bibles)
  • Lutheran Spirituality (my research paper is on Lutheran Incarnational Spirituality and Chronic Illness)
  • Gospel of John
  • Disaster Spiritual Care
  • Liturgical Preaching

September: Faculty approval panel passed, started dating Galon, more schoolwork.

October: Reading week at Camp!!

November:synod candidacy committee approval panel passed: I am officially approved for ordination in the ELCA. Thanksgiving break: made cranberry sauce and stuffing for the feast, made giant Advent candles (pictures and post to follow after completion), and have just about finished my violin.

Well, there you go, a quick dash through the past few months. My apologies for not updating sooner, it's been a busy few months (busier than the outline probably makes it seem), but I hope to get back to posting more regularly soon.


PS: For my blog post about Approval click here. For more about senior year, here. For more about Call, here. Finally, to read about the assignment process, which is the next step for me, and for which I am preparing paperwork, see this post (but remember that it's from last year, so the number for my year will be different).

1 comment:

Michele / akkasha said...

It is good to see you posting. I hope we are seeing you next Monday!