April 19, 2012

yes, I anthropomorphize everything.

(Note: I totally enjoyed vacation, but it's always nice to be back home again.)


Me:Aah, home sweet home.
Body: Meh. Whatever.
Me: Look! Sleeping in our own bed.
Body: I miss Iowa.
Me: Oowwn bed! Nice, big, comfy... not a couch...
Body: Fine. Let's sleep.

[the next morning]

Me: Good morning! How do you like being home now? Nice night in your own bed, right?
Body: I'mma be a bass today.
Me: What.
Body: I'mma be a bass. And sore throat.
Me: Wha-- no.
Body: Yup.

[That evening]

Me: Look! Relaxing on the couch! Remember, yesterday you missed couches?
Body: For that, I'mma be a tenor for a bit, but still with the sore, and now also maybe some headache.
Me: What do you want?
Body: Feed me.
Me: Ravioli.
Body: Ice cream.
Me: Protein. Ravioli. Then, maybe ice cream.
Body: Fine. [eats ravioli] Headache?
Me: Not if you want ice cream.
Body: Fine. Bedtime?
Me: It's 8pm.
Body: Bed. Time.

So, we return from vacation, a wonderful and relaxing week, and promptly enter a very busy work week, and are fighting a cold/cough/sore throat/thing. Well, to bed it is!

2 comments:

Paul said...

*hug* I would say come see your cousins & feel better, but they're kinda drippy & sneezy right now. :( At least they can sympathize.

Kansas said...

On first reading, I thought you were going to be a bass (the fish) rather than a bass (the voice part).

But only for a second.

Thought of you as you were up there in Iowa. I was out of Kansas that weekend, going to Indiana and back again, driving through all kinds of ick. Got to see the Liam, though, and go to Les Mis in Indianapolis, so that was good.

But anyway, I monitored the weather as best I could, including your Iowan area. I didn't hear about anything awful, so I'm glad about that, and also glad that you're home safely.